Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Facci, again

The P90 family and in-laws went to Facci last night. As always, it was great experience (or as good as an experience can be when dining out with small children).  The food and service were great (and you can’t beat the whole half-price appetizers from 3:00-7:00 deal).

We got their early (5:00ish) because the kids demand to eat early and start to meltdown by 7:00. We tried to get a table outside but they said they were not seating outside. Oddly, 30 minutes in to our meal we noticed lots of people being seated outside. Who knows? It’s not worth losing sleep over. The girls behaved (for the most part) during dinner and we only had to take one “walk.” Two of my favorite things about Facci - 1. They are very accommodating to families, and 2. There is a Dunkin Donuts a few doors down where I can take the girls, buy a few munchkins, and buy an additional 20-30 minutes of good behavior (a lifetime for a 2 and 4 year-old).

I love the way the half-price appetizers encourage an Italian take on tapas. With seven adults, we split four or five appetizers and get to experience many great flavors. My favorites continue to be the meatballs, shrimp gondola, and the calamari (always crispy and light, never greasy).

For pizzas, the Bianca Neve (white pizza / ricotta / fresh mozzarella / fresh tomatoes /
arugula / prosciutto / shaved Parmigiano), Savarese (our margherita with housemade mini-meatballs / smoked mozzarella / caramelized onions / pine nuts / gorgonzola), and Campagna (baked egg / gorgonzola cheese / fresh mozzarella /imported pancetta) are out of this world. On a side note, the egg on the Campagna has changed the way I do pizza at home.

For entrees, the Pappardelle Bolognese is really good and the girls (and me) are crazy for the Gnocchi Sorrentina. I haven’t yet made it to the chicken, veal, or seafood sections of the menu.

If I were to change anything about Facci, I’d mix up the beers that are available on tap. At this point, I’m done with Stella and about done with Sam Adams.

Also, the expansion should be complete by the end of May.

hocofood@@@

2 comments:

  1. One can never been done with Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not completely done with Sam. I like the Summer Ale and I'd like to try the Latitude 48 IPA.

    ReplyDelete