Thursday, June 2, 2011

Succeeding at not Being Lazy

It turns out I have the best personal trainers around. Well, the best cheering section at least. The Mrs. And I started the Couch-to-5k program on Friday morning. Due to some glare and being a little groggy, I accidentally started us on Day 3 by spinning a little wheel on the iPhone app before hitting “start.” Oops.

We’re finally using the jogging stroller for jogging. We bought it for off-roading and things of that nature. Aside from adding an extra 60 lbs. worth of work-out to the mix, the girls keep us on pace and cheer us on.

Part of the Couch-to-5k program is doing intervals of jogging and walking. During our warm-up walk, my four year-old quipped “Why aren’t you guys running? You said we were going running!” Luckily, her tone improved as we continued. They both shouted “We’re going fast now” and “faster, faster” during the run. And then at the end, the two year-old said “good job guys, good running.”

Works for me. Especially since I’m running for them. My dad died at 60. I’m in better shape than he was at my age, and I don’t smoke. But I’d like to make sure I have a lot more than just 25 more years with them.

We ran again yesterday and they were just as cheerful. Let's hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment