Thursday, October 20, 2011

Is a Song Rationale for Renewing Wedding Vows

The Mrs. and I have been married for ten years as of today. And if you read this blog frequently, you know that we’re pretty big music fans. So, one of the most difficult decisions regarding planning our wedding was agreeing on a song for our first dance.

The back and forth was incredible, and let’s ignore for the moment that Ben Fold’s Rockin’ the Suburbs came out a few weeks before our wedding, and I suggested that Luckiest be our wedding song. I was shot down. We all know where this is going… But alas, we decided on That’s How Strong My Love Is by Otis Redding.



It's a great song. And I don't regret using, but since then, I've found numerous songs that would be great for a first dance.

Frequently, when I hear a really good love song, I think. I wish that song would have been out when we got married. For example, hearing the My Morning Jacket version of True Love Ways, was one of those times. This song is so freaking amazing that I a half-way considered having a 10-year anniversary celebration and renewing our vows, just so we could dance to it.



But here you go, if you’re not yet married, these are a few other suggestions for under-used first dance songs.

Poison Cup – M. Ward



One By One – Wilco
At My Most Beautiful – REM
Thirteen – Ben Kweller
Do You Remember – Jack Johnson
Love and Some Verses – Iron & Wine

1 comment:

  1. So, one of the most difficult decisions regarding planning our wedding was agreeing on a song for our first dance. wedding songs

    ReplyDelete