Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ThirtySix

Apologies in advance for what might be a rather rambling post… I turned 36 on Thursday. I’m fine with this. It doesn’t make me feel old. What made me feel old was registering our eldest daughter for kindergarten the day before. How did that happen? It seems like she was born just a few days ago.

But back to my birthday. I got some pretty amazing stuff (Mrs. P90 kicks ass as a general rule). The girls got me some Star Wars action figures (including an RT-D2 that makes beeping sounds) and I got a cool little iRig interface for plugging my guitars into my iPhone (because why wouldn’t you plug a guitar into a phone). But more importantly, we got tickets for the whole family to attend the Newport Folk Fest.

I don’t think I could be more excited. The lineup is amazing – My Morning Jacket, Iron & Wine, Deer Tick, Dawes (playing as Dawes and then backing up JACKSON BROWNE!), the list goes on. And the girls are also pretty excited. Actually, the youngest had a bit of a fit when she realized we’d only be watching/listening to the Head and the Heart. She wants to be in the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment