Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Belgium Beers in Maryland!

I've been doing some sleuthing over the last few days and it appears as though we should have New Belgium Beers (Fat Tire et. al.) in HoCo by the last week of August.

As reported previously, at first we will only have 22 oz. "bombers." It's expected that kegs will follow a few weeks later, and 6-packs and 12-packs of bottles should be in our market by the new year.

As for the exact beers we'll be seeing, I.M.Wine is expecting Fat Tire, Ranger, 1554, and a few from the Lips of Faith series. I would add Hoptober and Mothership to the list of beers to expect. I'd also guess that the Lips of Faith beers will be Super Cru, Clutch, and Kick.

And I'll take this as my cue to hurry up and drink the bottle of Super Cru I smuggled home from Colorado...

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to ask the owner of Judge's Bench if he plans on bringing these into rotation once the kegs are released. I'm pretty sure he will, and I'm pretty sure it's going to change the scene in there for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is that Fat Tire will become pretty ubiquitous, at least for a while (even though it's the least of the NB beers). I wouldn't be surprised if it knocked Sierra Pale Ale off the taps at some of the more mainstream bars. My hope is that Ranger and the various seasonals will show up on tap. Those are where NBB shines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P90 Noir, I love your blog! I could not agree more with your views on the "Blue Moon" fake Micro Brews of the world. I have been trying to get Fat Tire to Michigan for years, with no luck. I have family in Colorado and really fell in love with it back in 2001 when I first tried it. However, I must admit, I am not sure it would make my top 20 list now that Michigan has a new Brew Pub popping up every couple of months. It seems like the choices of REAL micro brews, around my area anyway, are really making it hard for me to decide which beer to pick up on a weekly basis. I feel the New Belgium may have drug their feet too long on their eastward expansion. Just my thoughts....

    I started looking at your site because of your reviews on the Mayan Palace - where I will be staying the week of January 6-13. I found them very insightful

    ReplyDelete