Thursday, November 17, 2011

Warm Fuzz(ies)

Sometimes things just fall into place. This week, out of the blue, I somehow managed to score two fuzz pedals that I have been dreaming of for months/years. In one case, I responded to a guy with a Fulltone ’70 for trade and I happened to have the pedal he was looking for.

In another case, someone contacted me re: a pedal I had listed for sale or trade. And what am I getting? An Analog Man Peppermint Fuzz. Don’t ask what pedal I’m swapping it for. It’s such a deal that you will want to cry.

And to think that most of my pedal board has been assembled thanks to stumbling across a mic preamp being given a way for free on a side street in Pacifica, CA and by purchasing a new-old-stock Mu-Tron Phasor II in 1993 for $125 (and selling it a few years ago for $350)!

By my math, my pedal board would cost just over $1,000 to assemble from scratch. Thanks to a lot of well timed trades, I’ve assembled it for less than $300 out of pocket.

Can’t wait to try the Peppermint and the ’70. And if they don’t work for me, I’ll just trade up for something better. This seems to be the one area in life where I have the midas touch! If only I had the same touch for real estate or stocks…

No comments:

Post a Comment