Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 Rewind. WTF

I don't know about you, but didn't 9/11 suck horribly ten years ago? Why the F$&# does every station have a program forcing me to relive it?

1. Spending four hours riding my bike from my apartment to the metro station and back over and over again trying to figure out why my wife who worked only five or six blocks away from me in DC still wasn't home is still a fresh wound.

2. I can still perfectly picture the rising smoke from the smouldering Pentagon in the distance as I took the red line from Dupont to Silver Spring. I really want to see that again?

Why on earth would I want to watch a TV show reminding me of one of the worst days in my 35 years.

Screw that! I'm going to focus on some stupid bullshit. I urge you to do the same. I can't see anything good coming from opening up old wounds.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I'm not the only one. I am personally going on a media blackout today. I just can't handle it... J was watching last night's CBS evening news and I was alreadty fighting back the tears... and now begins the media blackout

    ReplyDelete