Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Found a Reason to Like the Ravens

I Found a Reason to Like the Ravens (and Football in General)

This morning, the P90 Family spent the day at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore aka the Baltimore Zoo (I used to work there, and I can't get used to calling it the Maryland Zoo, sorry). It was excellent. The weather was great, the animals were out, we got up close and personal with an American Kestrel (small falcon) and a toucan, and we practically had the place to ourselves.

It took us a while to figure out why the place was so empty. Then we noticed everyone in the their goofy costumes and figured out it was Ravens Game Day. About the those costumes - seriously, it's not ok for an adult to go out in public dressed as a football player in that horrible purple shiny jersey. If I go to see the Cure, I don't dress like freaking Robert Smith. If I'm watching Star Wars I don't dress like Darth Vader. And you don't need to dress like a football player just because your favorite team is playing! Jerseys are bad enough as is and unacceptable as a form of "outside of the house fashion." But when you add purple to the equation, well, now you just look like a clown.

So this is it - I've found a reason to like football. On game day, go to places that are usually crowded and you will have them to yourself. I think I'll be hitting the Aquarium on a Ravens game day in the very near future.

Oh, and please people, if you're over the age of 15 or 16, it's time to retire the freaking jersey or just wear it in the comfort of your own home.

1 comment: