Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Grilled Romaine Recipe

I always see grilled romaine on menus. For some unknown reason, not only have I never ordered it, but until last weekend, I had never tried to make it myself. I like romaine. I like grills. Why not?

Thanks to a beautiful head of romaine from our CSA, I made grilled romaine on Saturday night. It was great and super simple. The heat intensifies the flavor and the crisping adds to the texture. Mrs. P90 described the flavor as almost asparagus like. I agree. I served it with just a little Caesar dressing and some crumbled feta. It would also be great with a basic balsamic dijon vinaigrette and some goat cheese. I’ll try this next time. hocofood@@@

Grilled Romaine Recipe

  • Heat your grill on high
  • Cut a head of romaine into quarters (length wise)
  • Soak the quarters in water and spin in a salad spinner
  • Grill the romaine for 20-60 seconds (on each cut side)
  • Place on a plate grilled side up and dress lightly  

No comments:

Post a Comment