Friday, June 8, 2012

Pappardelle with Garlic Scape Pesto

I’m loving our new CSA. Last week they gave us three things I had never before tried: red Russian cabbage, bok choy, and garlic scapes. I’d always heard great things about garlic scapes, but I had never tried them.

I decided the best use for the scapes was to make a pesto. It turned out great. It had the aroma of fresh garlic but a milder flavor. Don’t get me wrong though – it’s still an intense garlic flavor.

I used about a tablespoon of the pesto to flavor the sautéed red Russian cabbage. On Sunday night, I made pappardelle and tossed it with about 1/3 cup of the pesto. It tasted like summer. This pesto would also be great on toasted crusty bread. And I think putting a little on a piece of grilled salmon could be great. hocofood@@@

Pappardelle with Garlic Scape Pesto Recipe

  • Cook pasta according the instructions on the box
  • Toss with 1/3 - 1/2 cup of the pesto
  • Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment