Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Pedalboard, June 2012

I'm always talking about pedals on this blog, but I don't think I've ever posted a picture of my board. Here it is as of a week or two ago.

You might notice that neither the Mojo Hand Huckleberry nor the Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz are on my board. It doesn't mean that they've fallen out of favor entirely. It just means that I like to mix it up when it comes to fuzz.My fuzz journey has been ridiculous. I think (famous last words) I'm finally all set with a Mojo Hand Huckleberry, a Throbak Stonebender, a EHX "Black Russian" Big Muff, a Fulltone '69 MKII, and a Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz.I also have a clone of the Catalinbread Merkin and a Danelectro French Toast, but those are just on hand for "crazy sounds."

Pedal Order and Specifics:
Fulltone '69 MKII (*battery powered)
Throbak Stonebender (*battery powered)
Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Germanium Gold Edition
Menatone Top Boost in a Can
Electro Harmonix Micro Pog
TC Electronic Polytune
Line 6 M9 (used mainly for modulation, delay, and reverb) (expression pedal for univibe speed, runaway analog delay freakouts, and other fun things)
Zinky Master Blaster (clean boost)




It's all powered by a Visual Sound One-Spot. I've long considered upgrading to a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power, but I can't justify the expense because the One-Spot always works fine. I know some people find it noisy, but I have not had that problem.

And yes, both fuzzes (and all of my fuzzes for that matter) are powered by cheap dollar store variety carbon zinc batteries. I know it sounds crazy, but I can hear/feel the difference between using a battery vs. the One-Spot. At least I'm not (yet) using a rubber band to hold on the base plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment