Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Beer for Breakfast for Dinner

Once upon a time I was the king of dark beers and winter beers. November would roll around and I would buy a six-pack of each and every winter beer I could get my hands on. When I was the king of winters beers, the Harpoon Winter Warmer was the pride of my court (refrigerator). For those not familiar, the Harpoon Winter Warmer is a mild ale spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Tastes change. This year, I didn’t drink a single Guinness and bought just one six pack of mixed winter beers.  Part of that six pack was a single bottle and it has sat un-opened in my fridge since November. But last night, as the girls celebrated Fat Tuesday and pancakes for dinner, the Harpoon seemed like the perfect accompaniment. And sure enough, Harpoon Winter Warmer is the perfect pairing to cinnamon pancakes and migas (scrambled eggs with crumbled tortilla chips). Finally - a beer for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment