Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hellhound on My Ale

A day late and a dollar short! Yesterday, I was looking at the website for Savor and I noticed that Dogfish Head would be serving a beer called Hellhound. I remembered reading that they were doing another collaboration with Sony and figured the beer must have something to do with Robert Johnson reissues.

Today, Beernews.org announced that Dogfish is indeed brewing a beer called Hellhound on My Ale. They note that it will contain lemons. This must be the pale ale with lemons that Sam was talking about a few months ago. And no doubt a reference to the "squeeze my lemon..." lyric from Traveling Riverside Blues.

Edit: I tried the Hellhound. Read my review here. 

3 comments:

  1. If you are looking for Hellhound on my Ale is the HoCo area, Kings Contrivance has a few bottles and Frisco currently has it on tap (or at least they did last night). hocofood@@@

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI....I was at Mahaffey's in Canton last night and they had it on draught. They rotate kegs pretty quick there, so if you want some, don't wait long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up! I'll be in Milton and Rehoboth next week so I'm hoping to get it from the source. ;-)

    As of last night, KC Liquors still had a few bottles.

    ReplyDelete