Thursday, May 5, 2011

SuperSecretSangria

I’m not sure when I first started making sangria – I’m guessing it was sometime late in the college years. I do know that I quickly became famous for my sangria (even though it’s a simple recipe that anyone can make). This concoction has led to countless hilarious quotes and pseudo catch phrases from friends and family. Susie and Jen – I’m looking in your directions especially! ;-) I’m guessing this is because it’s easy to drink but packs a healthy punch.

So without further ado, here you go.

Sangria
1 bottle of a fruit forward red wine - Spanish Tempranillo and Garnacha (Grenache) work well
2 oz. Triple Sec
1 oz. Agave Nectar
1 oz. Tequila (silver - 100% Agave - no mixtos up in here)
Juice from one lime
2 cups of chopped fresh fruit (oranges, grapefruit, peaches, lemons, pineapple, etc)

And here's a little Calexico...

No comments:

Post a Comment