Saturday, May 28, 2011

Trying not to be fat and lazy

Last year I signed up for the Dogfish Dash 5K. I trained a little and then got side-tracked. A few weeks before the race, we were invited to a birthday party (taking place on race day) at Clark’s Ellioak Farm.

It was an easy excuse to bail on the race.The girls love Ellioak Farm. When our now four year-old was two, we had a four-six month stretch where every night before bed, she demanded an Ellioak Farm story. Now that we are usually required to do P90 girls meet Tiana, P90 girls meet Ariel, or P90 girls meet Cinderella story, I really miss those Ellioak Farm stories.

But back to my point. I registered again for the Dogfish Dash. I figure if beer is largely to blame for my 20-30 lbs of excess weight – it can be part of the solution. And a race with beer at the end seems like a good idea.

So this week, I’m starting to train. I’m using the Couch-to-5K method and downloaded a handy app that will integrate voice prompts for interval training with my chosen playlist. Here goes nothing…

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!!
    -Hart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! I wish I would have known about this sooner. I totally would have signed up, but now I see it is sold out. Crap!

    I just ran the 5k Warrior Dash last weekend and I absolutely loved it (I should write a blog about it soon...maybe tonight). I really didn't think I'd have that much fun, but did it because I wanted to do something fun with my friends and miss the days where I was athletic. Who knew I'd like running that much?

    I'll have to look into that couch to 5k app and see if they have it for the Droid. Best of luck and be sure to let us know how it goes.

    -Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. beer and running = good combo. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete